June 15, 2010

Death Talks

A poem in which the death talks about himself



Talking about me is fascinating
And philosophical
Hearing about is sentimental
For the faint hearted
Witnessing me is truly terrific
But experiencing me is crucial.

I am the death, the destroyer
Of the world as many addresses me
The fear of cowards and the friend of the brave
Guests of fools hope to helpless

I have pulled many from life
And pushed many to the exile
None has complained until my hands
Have gripped tight on the neck

What I have known I swear it’s true
I promise I’m honest
When there is a birth, I’m also born
When they grow up I am growing up too
And when they are ready
They cannot escape from my fingers..
Though painful once
You will later feel better and grateful
For what I have done

No comments:

Post a Comment